Nautical field study Ceres container terminal
Measurements of currents, water levels, meteo and ship movements.
Port of Amsterdam
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
For the CERES container terminal in the Port of Amsterdam a nautical field study has been carried out. The aim was to collect information regarding currents, water levels and track ship movements during 6 weeks.
The following instruments were deployed:
- AWAC-AST. A vertical looking Acoustic Current profiler in the North Sea Channel. This instrument measures velocities in the entire water column.
- EasyV. A horizontal looking Acoustic Current profiler near the entrance of the CERES terminal that measures velocities in the horizontal water column.
- AWAC-VM. A vertical looking Acoustic Current profiler mounted on a ship to measure currents.
- Water level. At several locations in the area the water level was recorded with a frequency of 2Hz.
- Ship movements. For the recording of ship movements in the area an AIS system (Automatic Identification System) was deployed, which recorded all the ship positions, speed, heading, size of the vessel and draught.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT SVAŠEK OR OUR EXPERTISES?
Please contact us or make an appointment.CONTACT US