Coastal engineering problems ask for specific hydrographic measurements. Svašek Hydraulics integrates these measurements within their modelling projects and has extensive experience in doing the actual hydrographic measurements themselves.
Svašek Hydraulics general policy is to train our project engineers to carry out measurements themselves for the following reasons:
- To familiarise them with hydrographic survey equipment;
- To actually let them experience the hydraulic conditions in the field;
- To understand the external factors, which affect the accuracy of measurements.
The result is that our hydraulic engineers gain more hydraulic experience and knowledge which they apply in their desk studies.Svašek Hydraulics is experienced in the following type of surveys:
- Bathymetry surveys;
- Tidal measurements;
- Current measurements;
- Wave measurements;
- Suspended sediment monitoring;
- Vessel induced currents, water level variations and mooring forces;
- AIS ship tracking.
We have several measurement instruments ourselves and otherwise we know where to rent more instruments. Our own measurement instruments include: AWAC-AST ADCP for current/wave measurements, OBS sensor for suspended sediment measurements, Valeport flow current meter, several divers for water level (pressure) measurements.